Monday 2 February 2015

Introducing - Fred (Mr Reluctant)

Before I get started I wanted there to be some honesty between us, it's important in any relationship.

So let me get one thing straight from the start, I was dragged kicking and screaming to this game system by the foul verbal assaults of Craig and the perpetual sniping of Rich.

I fought back the best way I new how, by taking the piss out of thin guns and even thinner models. True scale, who wants that when you can have steroid induced 30mm 'heroic' scale figures with much larger guns!

Nevertheless, against my better judgement and much to the chargrin of my Blood Angels (seen here chasing down an Intruder- "Oi, skinny lad, come 'ere") here I am.


Having spent a bit of time looking at the game, I am now intrigued. This probably stems from my long association of spending hard earned time and money on numerous noble causes that started with games like Adeptus Titanicus, Blood Bowl (1st Ed.), WFB (1st Ed.), WH40K (2nd ed.), all GW 3D roleplay games and nearly every game GW have ever released plus Warmachine, Battlefront, Full Thrust, Car Wars, Battletech, Dystopian wars, Firestorm Armada etc etc, the list goes on and gets obscure - Gammarauders anyone?

In short I've been playing Wargames a long time and my wife has still not beaten the habit out of me yet, despite numerous attempts!

I have yet to have my first game of Infinity but anything with any degree of tactical edge is appealing to me, more so if anything in it can be painted red, you'll learn that soon enough!

Finally, I am not a great painter, never have been, never will be, where others take hours, minutes will do me just fine, colour schemes, why yes we do all the colours as long as they're RED (as in this Brigada model)!


Which makes this Blog even more fun as you'll find humour in my average attempts at getting something painted, however I consider it a rallying cry to all the mediocre painters out there, grab your 2" brush and lets slap some colour on this biatch!

Anyway having escaped the wrath of the Blood Angels, this guy gets hit with the fence brush in February (I believe it is an intruder with an HMG):

Hmm, now for the colour choice......

No comments:

Post a Comment