Monday 2 February 2015

The Beginning - StokieRich Intro

In the beginning was the plan...

The plan came about one evening after a gaming night at a local club when Craig was reminiscing about the old tale of 4 gamers articles and proposed the idea that we do something similar to build our infinity forces, plotting our progress each month and posting updates online for the consumption of anyone who's interested (i.e. us)

I was kindly "volunteered" to look after setting up the tech side of things, while people would regularly send me content to post up with their masterpieces and any commentary they'd like to add.

The idea then is to paint one figure a month with before/after pictures to get our Infinity forces to 150pts fully painted by July and then potentially carry on from there. 

3 of us will also be painting a piece of scenery a month as well to try and complete our gaming boards.

So to kick things off I'll introduce myself and then hand you over to Craig:

-----------------

Boring Background Bit :

My name's Richard and I've been in the hobby since I was 12, having been introduced by my dad who, clearly fed up with his son moaning about waiting in the queue at the Nationwide Building Society in Hanley, Stoke on Trent, dragged his son over to the Games Workshop across the road to gaze longingly through the glass at the figures.

My dad tried to convince me to get the fantasy boxed set for Christmas that year but I wanted the shiny marines in the 2nd ed 40k box so went for that and I was hooked from there.

Nowadays I'm playing far too many game systems as my lack of attention span kicks in and I get easily led into new systems by the evil duo of CRAIGDAVE. Currently the list (probably missing some) stands at:

Fantasy: Ogre Kingdoms
40k: Dark Eldar / Tyranids
WarmaHordes: Circle Orboros
XWing: Everyfrickingthing
Infinity: Haqqislam / Nomads
Flames of War: Late British
Deadzone: Everything

-----------------

For this blog I was initially planning on starting to get some paint on my Nomads but I've instead decided to concentrate on my Haqqislam and more specifically, the Qapu Khalpi sectorial. I already have the contents of the starter box, plus a Djanbazan Sniper and 2 Halqa painted so I figure I should concentrate on that for the next 6 months.

So here's my initial offerings for Feb, apologies for the poor pics, end of month pics will be taken with a proper camera:

Two Guardhouses from Zen Terrain

Sekban with Heavy Rocket Launcher



1 comment:

  1. Excited to see Infinity content. A good idea to join forces. I slack on updating my blog as well. I blame N3!

    ReplyDelete